Major redevelopment of the existing warehouses including the addition of a multi-storey car park.
Victoria Warehouse has been operating as an events and hotel venue since 2011.
The site operates as a culturally important and popular leisure and conference destination attracting people from all parts of the world. It is currently in active use as a large (5,600sqm) event space that can accommodate well over 5,400 people and a hotel with 42 bedrooms currently in use.
Planning permission was granted in December 2020 for the following proposals:
- 200 bedrooms in the eastern warehouse
- a function suite at roof level over the hotel accommodating 500 guests
- a new 7-storey multi-storey car park (183 spaces) located in the service yard between the eastern and central warehouses. A bridge link is to be provided from the top floor of the car park to the function suite.
- erection of a new roof over the existing event space building (central warehouse);
- two floors of offices inside the upper levels of the western warehouse
- the erection of a single storey extension to the northern elevation at street level
- the installation of two external lifts and staircase;
- A running track and clubhouse to the roof of the eastern warehouse.
The multi-storey car park and roof over the arena are to be clad in Corten mesh.
The roof extension over the hotel function room and the clubhouse over the western warehouse will be clad in standing seam zinc panels.